Are you looking for Paris quotes to inspire you to visit the city of love or just Paris Instagram captions to up your Insta game? Look no further as this post has all the best quotes on Paris you’ll love.
Known for its impeccable beauty, charm, and romantic feel, Paris is arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the world!
And with all its beauty, so many writers, travelers, and artists have been inspired to write quotes about Paris that truly paint a picture of how incredible the city of love is.
Some Paris quotes will make you wonder how those people must have felt as they penned them down, some other quotes on Paris will make you want to pack your bags and travel to the city to discover the beauty that was felt through words while other Paris love quotes will make you want to fall in love.
So, whether you’re looking for Paris quotes for Instagram, Paris captions for your social media, just need some inspiration, or want to imagine the city of love through the words penned down by wise men and women, these Paris quotes that I’ve curated will truly inspire you and make you want to book a weekend trip to Paris.
Quotes and Captions about Paris that will inspire you To travel to the city of lights
Some of these quotes on Paris have been featured in popular books on Paris, literature, movies, and TV and some other Paris quotes remind us about history as they were quoted by men who contributed to the shaping of today’s Paris.
So read on and discover the famous quotes about Paris that will make you love this city even more than before.
Best Paris Travel Quotes
Let’s kick off this list with travel-related Paris sayings or Parisian quotes related to travel.
1.”Paris is always a good idea.” — Audrey Hepburn
When you start feeling guilty about over-traveling to the French capital, know that this Paris quote was written for you and that there is no shame in visiting Paris a thousand times because guess what, Paris is always a good idea!
2.“If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” — Ernest Hemingway
As someone who lives in Paris, this Hemingway Paris quote literally speaks to me and there is no fault in what he said as Paris is always in my heart wherever I go.
3. “Paris is not a city; it’s a world.” — King Francis I
Honestly, what is the world without Paris? Literally, this quote about Paris summarizes everything about the French capital as we know it.
4. “In Paris, I really do like to try and do nothing… but that’s impossible.” — Christian Louboutin
Oh, I totally agree with this quote on Paris as there are so many incredible things to do in Paris that even if you only have 2 days in the city, a month, or even 2 months, it will be impossible to see everything.
5. “Just add three letters to Paris, and you have paradise.” — Jules Renard
Nothing more to add to this caption for Paris because it takes a huge city and summarizes it in one word and I couldn’t agree more!
6. “Paris is so very beautiful that it satisfies something in you that is always hungry in America.” — Ernest Hemingway
And no he didn’t mean the food or the Parisian desserts but the beauty of seeing every corner of Paris will satisfy your soul.
7. “Paris is the most beautiful city in the world. It brings tears to your eyes.” — Lee Radziwill
Don’t even get me started with this Paris quote! I literally cried the first time I visited Paris! I just couldn’t believe that I was finally in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe – maybe I am just a crier but there is something about Paris that brings out all the emotions.
8. “Paris has always seemed to me to be the only city in which one can live as one sees fit.”— Natalie Clifford Barney
Indeed Paris is a city of dreamers and this quote on Paris couldn’t have put it any other way.
9. “That Paris exists and anyone could choose to live anywhere else in the world will always be a mystery to me.”— Midnight In Paris
I know right? Like where else would you live when Paris is here?
10. “Whoever does not visit Paris regularly will never really be elegant.” — Honoré de Balzac
If people complain about how much you visit Paris, just point them to this Paris quote and tell them that you just want to be incredibly elegant!
11. “The shopping, the food, the views! Paris is a city that entrances us all—and I’m no exception.” —Michael Kors
If you’ve been to Paris, you know that this is one of the quotes on Paris that summarizes how travelers enjoy the city. From the breathtaking views of the Eiffel Tower and the spectacular views of the city to the delicious food, you can’t ask for anything more.
12. “I can never decide whether Paris is more beautiful by day or by night.” — Midnight in Paris
This is something I haven’t decided upon myself as well! When I explore it during the day, I am in awe but as soon as I visit Paris at night, I am still in awe of its beauty! I guess I just have to come to terms with the fact that Paris is beautiful regardless of when you visit.
13. “I cannot tell you what an immense impression Paris made upon me. It is the most extraordinary place in the world.” — Charles Dickens
We can all agree with this caption about Paris by Charles Dickens because you can never visit Paris and not be impacted by it.
14. “Though you may leave Paris, Paris never really leaves you.” ― Janice Macleod
15. “There are only two places in the world where we can live happy: at home and in Paris.” — Ernest Hemingway
16. “I do not believe there is another city on earth so beautiful as Paris nor another people with such an appreciation of the beautiful as the French…” — Edward Hopper
17. “It’s Paris. You don’t come here for the weather.” — Adrian Leeds
No, you come for the beauty, the food, the landmarks but not the weather!
18. “A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.” — Thomas Jefferson
19. “Paris exists to remind you that all your dreams are real.” —Audrey Hepburn, Sabrina
So yes, if you ever start doubting that perhaps your dreams are just dreams, think of Paris and you’ll be reminded that dreams are actually real.
20. “If “Sex and the City” taught us anything, it’s that Paris is the only city in the world that New Yorkers actually fantasize about.”— Elizabeth Bard
And let’s all agree, that’s hard to come by but even New Yorkers fantasize about the city of love.
21. “To know Paris is to know a great deal.” —Henry Miller
With a slice of every bit of aspect of Paris, from the food, culture, monuments, history, and beauty, to charm, visiting Paris will truly teach you a bit of something about everything.
22. “When spring comes to Paris the humblest mortal alive must feel that he dwells in paradise.” — Henry Miller
If you’ve been to Paris in spring before, then you know how incredibly beautiful it becomes! All streets and parks are covered in cherry blossoms creating a beauty that can be appreciated by anyone alive.
23. “He who contemplates the depths of Paris is seized with vertigo. Nothing is more fantastic. Nothing is more tragic. Nothing is more sublime.” —Victor Hugo
24. “Keep calm and go to Paris.” — Unknown
Sometimes you don’t need a reason to visit Paris, just pack your bags and go and when you reach there, you’ll realize that going there is all you needed to be at peace.
25. “People wonder why so many writers come to live in Paris. I’ve been living ten years in Paris and the answer seems simple to me: because it’s the best place to pick ideas. Just like Italy, Spain… or Iran are the best places to pick saffron. If you want to pick opium poppies you go to Burma or South-East Asia. And if you want to pick novel ideas, you go to Paris. ” — Roman Payne
Yes, Paris inspires ideas and its immense beauty just makes you want to write! I totally relate to this Paris quote because Paris inspired me to start this blog “dreams in Paris”.
26. “Paris is the city in which one loves to live. Sometimes I think this is because it is the only city in the world where you can step out of a railway station—the Gare D’Orsay—and see, simultaneously, the chief enchantments: the Seine with its bridges and bookstalls, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Tuileries Gardens, the Place de la Concorde, the beginning of the Champs Elysees—nearly everything except the Luxembourg Gardens and the Palais Royal. But what other city offers as much as you leave a train?” ― Margaret Anderson
That is entirely true! You just get out of a train station and you’re greeted by landmark after landmark! This magic can’t be found anywhere else.
27. “To study in Paris is to be born in Paris.” ―Victor Hugo
28. “Paris is a place in which we can forget ourselves, reinvent, expunge the dead weight of our past.” — Michael Simkin
Truly getting lost in the pretty streets of Paris will make you forget all your worries as you take in all the charm your heart and eyes can handle.
29. “I guess it goes to show that you just never know where life will take you. You search for answers. You wonder what it all means. You stumble, and you soar. And, if you’re lucky, you make it to Paris for a while.” ― Amy Thomas
30. “Paris is the only city in the world where starving to death is still considered an art.” ― Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Talk about a city that considers everything a form of art! No wonder Paris is known as a city of art and culture, everything in Paris is art, and death is no exception.
31. ” Everyone dreams of living in Paris.” ― Natalie Portman
32. “Final reminder. Whenever you are in Paris at twilight in the early summer, return to the Seine and watch the evening sky close slowly on a last strand of daylight fading quietly, like a sigh.” ― Kate Simon
Sunsets have never been any better than in Paris especially on the Seine! And if you can; go to an area on the Seine where you can also see the Eiffel Tower and the stunning view of the sunset, the seine, and the Eiffel Tower together will make you understand while sunsets in Paris are incredibly beautiful. Of course, this also applies to Paris sunrises.
33. “An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
No wonder so many famous artists called Paris home! It gave them a sense of belonging that they couldn’t find in any other city in Europe.
34. “I had forgotten how gently time passes in Paris. As lively as the city is, there’s a stillness to it, a peace that lures you in. In Paris, with a glass of wine in your hand, you can just be.” ― Kristin Hannah, The Nightingale
Nothing beats sitting on one of the many rooftops in Paris with a glass of wine and thinking about just anything!
35. “Paris is a place where, for me, just walking down a street that I’ve never been down before is like going to a movie or something. Just wandering the city is entertainment.” ―Wes Anderson
This quote about Paris says everything I feel when I walk around the streets of Paris! The architecture, the beauty, the charm all make it feel like you’re in a movie that you want to keep watching for hours!
36. “I know so much is going to happen here, but I just don’t know how. It feels like Paris is full of so many adventures just waiting to be had.”― Rachel Kapelke-Dale
And I’m still waiting for those adventures as every day in Paris is a day to go on a beautiful adventure that makes you look forward to the days ahead.
37. “The whole of Paris is a vast university of Art, Literature, and Music… it is worth anyone’s while to dally here for years. Paris is a seminar, a post-graduate course in everything.” ―James Thurber
38. “Paris at dawn is one of those rare cities where you get the impression that something worthwhile could actually happen to you.” ― Pierre Assouline, The Light of Paris
And guess what? It usually does – well at least to me!
39. “You know, I sometimes think, how is anyone ever gonna come up with a book, or a painting, or a symphony, or a sculpture that can compete with a great city. You can’t. Because you look around and every street, every boulevard, is its own special art form and when you think that in the cold, violent, meaningless universe that Paris exists, these lights. I mean come on, there’s nothing happening on Jupiter or Neptune, but from way out in space you can see these lights, the cafés, people drinking and singing. For all we know, Paris is the hottest spot in the universe.” ― Owen Wilson
Well said! Nothing can compete with the beauty in Paris- be it the architecture, the lights, the art – everything just makes more sense in Paris.
Love Quotes about Paris
We all know Paris is a city of love and there is no better way to emphasize it than through various romantic quotes about Paris. So whether you want to send a love message or just want to have a feeling of love, these love quotes on Paris will inspire you.
40. “It’s true, you never forget your first love, and for me, that will always be Paris.” ― Caitriona Balfe
41. “I love Paris for the million reasons that everybody loves the city. It’s an incredibly romantic and beautiful place.” ― Alan Furst
With the many romantic things to do in Paris, you’ll fall in love all over again by just visiting this incredibly romantic city.
42. “I’m not a complicated girl; she laughed, I just want to run away with you, rob a bank, fall in love and eat ice creams in Paris.” ― Michael Faudet
If this Paris quote doesn’t inspire love, then you might need to re-evaluate yourself (just kidding…). And what better way to enjoy the city of love than walking on the pretty streets eating ice cream
43. “Paris, I believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman.” ―John Berger
44. “Even the pigeons are dancing, kissing, going in circles, mounting each other. Paris is the city of love, even for the birds.”― Samantha Schutz
Who said Paris inspires love in only humans? No, every creature in Paris feels the love and all they wanna do is express it!
45. “That was the moment I fell in love with Paris and the moment that I felt that Paris had fallen in love with me.” ― Paris, je t’aime
46. The last time I saw Paris, her heart was warm and gay, I heard the laughter of her heart in every street café. ― Oscar Hammerstein II
Funny Paris Quotes
Looking for a laugh or even a funny Instagram caption for Paris, then these funny quotes about Paris will definitely give you a laugh!
47. “At five o’clock Paris always has a current of eroticism in the air.”― Anaïs Nin
Oh totally! Try going to Montmartre especially near the Moulin Rouge and that entire street and you’ll realize that this is one of the most realistic and funny quotes about Paris.
48. “When Paris sneezes, Europe catches cold.” ― Klemens von Metternich
This quote about Paris goes to show how Paris is at the center of Europe! I guess Europe should watch out and not make Paris angry lol
49. “Paris is like a whore. From a distance, she seems ravishing you can’t wait until you have her in your arms. And five minutes later you feel empty, disgusted with yourself. You feel tricked.” ― Henry Miller
50. “In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.” ― Mark Twain
Oh, believe me, every time I try to speak some French, the French look at me like “which language is that”! It’s like I invented my own version of French the French can’t grasp but I’ll get there – someday!
51. “It is perfectly possible to be enamored of Paris while remaining totally indifferent or even hostile to the French.” ― James Baldwin
Not that it’s the best thing but it’s totally possible not to get along with the French but still be madly in love with Paris.
52. “Paris is so delicious they should call it the City of Bites.”
― Audrey Hepburn
53. “If you’re going to be sad, you might as well be sad in Paris.” ― Gossip Girl
At least you’ll be sad in a beautiful place and that beauty is likely to inspire joy that will bring a smile to your face.
54. “It’s Paris, everyone’s serious about dinner.” ― Mindy, Emily in Paris
55. “In Paris, everybody wants to be an actor; nobody is content to be a spectator.” ― Jean Cocteau
56. “Secrets travel fast in Paris.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
57. “I love Paris in the summer, when it sizzles.” ― Cole Porter
Related post: Things to do in Paris in the summer
Inspiring Paris quotes
58. “She wanted to die, but she also wanted to live in Paris.”― Gustave Flaubert
59. “There should be a name for the syndrome that occurs when you’re in Paris and you already miss it.” — Rosecrans Baldwin
60. “To be a Parisian is not about being born in Paris, it is about being reborn there.”― Sacha Guitry
61. “Yet with these April sunsets, that somehow recall My buried life, and Paris in the spring, I feel immeasurably at peace, and find the world to be wonderful and youthful after all.” — T.S. Eliot
62. “Paris is a divine section of eternity.” ― E. E. Cummings
Beautiful and Famous quotes for Paris
63. “If you have ever walked in Paris, you will see that Paris will ever walk in your memories!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
64. “Paris seems like a big city, but it’s really just a small town.” — Camille, Emily in Paris
65. “You’ll have to fall in love at least once in your life, or Paris has failed to rub off on you.” ― E.A. Bucchianeri
66. “Paris was a museum displaying exactly itself.” — Jeffrey Eugenides
67. “In Paris, our lives are one masked ball.” — Gaston Leroux
68. “Paris is the only place where I feel that I lead a life that I can call my own.” — Joan Juliet Buck
69. “Paris by day, Paris by night, under sun or rain, Paris will always be …Paris!“ — Jules Renard
70. “La Vie En Rose. It is the French way of saying, ‘I am looking at the world through rose-coloured glasses.” — Audrey Hepburn
71. “Why Paris? Paris needs no reason. Paris is its own reason.” — Maureen Johnson
72. “A little ‘bonjour’ goes a long way.” — Emily, Emily in Paris
73. “I am happy in Paris.” — Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Final Thoughts on The Best Quotes on Paris
There you have it Paris lovers! I hope that these quotes about Paris inspired you to visit the city of love or at least gave you an idea about what famous writers, actors, and leaders felt about Paris!
Now it’s your turn! What is your favorite Paris quote? Let me know in the comments below.
Check out these posts to help you plan your trip to Paris
- Best Paris Instagram captions
- Funny Paris puns
- The Best weekend getaways from Paris
- Big mistakes to avoid in Paris
- Things to Pack for Paris
- Best Eiffel Tower photo spots in Paris
- Where to stay in Paris
- Important things to know before traveling to Paris
- Best hotels in Paris with Eiffel Tower view
Was this post of the best quotes about Paris France helpful? Then please consider sharing it with others.